Total trades: 9 [3 scratch]
Execution score: TBD%
Opportunity cost: $TBD
For "long time" readers, if you've paid attention, I'm sure you have recognized certain messages or themes on this blog repeated as of late -- over and over and over and over...
Thoughts of broken records, or maybe even the movie "Ground Hog Day" may come to mind.
OK, for today, here we go:
- RenaTrader's Diamond Setups alerts and shorts the high of the day!
- I mismanaged many trades!
- I got stopped out to the tick on a trade that ended up being a big winner!
- I got chopped up taking rogue trades!
- I didn't take some alerts that made money, why?!?!
- I was down almost 10 [or insert # here] ES points, and had a big end of day recovery to nearly b/e!
- My mental game had cracks!
- I should have had a huge EPIC day (to offset the EPIC loss yesterday)!
All of the above was true for today.
|$ES_F 5 min 02-29-2012|
Maybe events of life outside of trading has had a bigger impact than I had initially thought. And the proof is in my execution score as well as the bottom line. They don't lie. A comment made in on my post yesterday was, "'STOP NOW' before you continue to lose more. You simply won't recover your losses continuing what you're doing now." If I continue to take subpar or rogue setups, then that comment will be absolutely be true.
For the month of February, where I only traded about 2 weeks, I ended down -5.00 ES points gross. If it wasn't for yesterday's ugly loss, I probably would have ended the month slightly profitable, on a net basis. February is over, hello March. Next!