Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Family time trumps trading

Total gross profits:  $162.50  +3.25 ES points
Total trades:  4
Accuracy:  75.0%
Execution score: 50.00%
Opportunity cost: $37.50  +0.75 ES points


Another choppy morning session, at least based on the timeframe I primarily monitor.  I also took or managed some trades based on setups that are not yet formally a part of my trading plan.  

So to be honest with myself, I dinged myself on the execution score.  But I also exited a trade early so that I can head out early, thereby further dinging myself on the execution score.


Today is my son's 4th birthday and it's such an important day for him.  So that's the reason why I'm closing up shop early, to help get his birthday party setup for later tonight.  I also see this as a test, to prove to myself through action that I live up to my priorities in life -- family time trumps trading.  

Sure, it makes it easier to leave since I'm up for the day, and I wonder if I could have left as easily if I was down for the day (probably not).  But at this point, it really doesn't matter.  I now have more important matters to address.  :)  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good karma!!

hector